- The LoHud Yankees Blog - http://yankees.lhblogs.com -
Friday night notes and links: Hafner’s incentives could pay $4 million
Posted By Chad Jennings On February 1, 2013 @ 9:56 pm In Misc | Comments Disabled
Just a few notes as we head into the weekend.
• Travis Hafner’s contract pays a $2 million base plus incentives. According to The Associated Press, those incentives are based entirely on plate appearances and could total $4 million. He would earn $100,000 apiece for 150 plate appearances, 155 and each additional 15 through 275. He would receive $125,000 apiece for 290 and each additional 15 through 425; and $175,000 apiece for 440 and each additional 15 through 575.
• Buster Olney reports that Hafner was choosing between the Yankees and Rays. 
• For what it’s worth, Kevn Kernan has heard there are “rumblings” that the University of Miami might rename it’s baseball field, which is currently named after Alex Rodriguez.
• Mark Teixeira appeared in the musical Rock of Ages this week.  I’ve talked music with Teixeira because we listened to a lot of the same stuff in college. Must have been hilarious to see him on that stage.
• ESPN’s first Grapefruit League broadcast will be the Yankees game against the Cardinals on March 11. 
• Veteran catchers are starting to settle for minor league deals. Miguel Olivo just took one from the Reds. Not sure the Yankees are really interested in yet another uncertain catching option, but they could probably get one if they found one they liked.
Article printed from The LoHud Yankees Blog: http://yankees.lhblogs.com
URL to article: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/02/01/friday-night-notes-and-links-hafners-incentives-could-pay-4-million/
URLs in this post:
 Tweet: https://twitter.com/share
 Image: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Hafner.jpg
 Hafner was choosing between the Yankees and Rays. : https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/297306370766667776
 the University of Miami might rename it’s baseball field, : http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/more_than_miles_of_rough_h8PLZrRWzBFtLxkiibQhXM
 Mark Teixeira appeared in the musical Rock of Ages this week.: http://www.mlb.com/cutfour/index.jsp#contentId=41259264
 the Yankees game against the Cardinals on March 11.: http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130130&content_id=41258352&vkey=news_nyy&c_id=nyy
 Miguel Olivo just took one from the Reds. : https://twitter.com/Reds/status/297425025609388032