- The LoHud Yankees Blog - http://yankees.lhblogs.com -
Today’s PED report
Posted By Chad Jennings On February 7, 2013 @ 4:56 pm In Misc | Comments Disabled
This is becoming a sad ritual, isn’t it? Anyway, here are some of the latest reports in the world of performance enhancing drugs.
• Francisco Cervelli didn’t talk to reporters at the Yankees minor league complex yesterday, but he spoke this morning to explain that he’s not trying to avoid questions about his ties to Biogenesis, he’s simply waiting until the entire Yankees media contingent gets to Tampa next week. “I’m not running away from you guys,” Cervelli told Erik Boland and two others. “I’m not scared or anything.”
• Newsday’s David Lennon notes that, by acknowledging at least some sort of connection to Anthony Bosch — while still proclaiming their innocence – Cervelli and Ryan Braun might have added some legitimacy to the previous report  from the Miami New Times. “Up to that point, all of the players previously implicated — including Alex Rodriguez of the Yankees — had attacked the legitimacy of the documents and denied any connection to Biogenesis or Bosch,” Lennon wrote. “Those documents remain critical to MLB’s investigation, and with some players now verifying their appearance on those handwritten pages, that could be significant.”
• Former Yankees prospect Jesus Montero’s name is reportedly in those Biogenesis documents, but Montero told the Seattle Times that he has no idea why his name would be there.  “I feel like I’m caught in the middle of something and I don’t know why,” Montero said.
• Finally, the unexpected PED story of the day: Curt Schilling said on a radio program that former members of the Red Sox front office once suggested that he use performance enhancing drugs.  “At the end of my career, in 2008 when I had gotten hurt, there was a conversation that I was involved in in which is was brought to my attention that this is a potential path I might want to pursue,” Schilling told Colin Cowherd. Yikes.
Article printed from The LoHud Yankees Blog: http://yankees.lhblogs.com
URL to article: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/02/07/todays-ped-report/
URLs in this post:
 Tweet: https://twitter.com/share
 Image: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Cervelli3.jpg
 Cervelli told Erik Boland and two others. : http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/cervelli-not-scared-by-biogenesis-ped-report-1.4578906
 Cervelli and Ryan Braun might have added some legitimacy to the previous report: http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/admissions-by-ryan-braun-francisco-cervelli-may-aid-mlb-s-probe-of-peds-1.4575807
 Montero told the Seattle Times that he has no idea why his name would be there.: http://seattletimes.com/html/mariners/2020298867_mariners07.html
 former members of the Red Sox front office once suggested that he use performance enhancing drugs.: http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/02/07/curt-schilling-members-of-the-red-sox-organization-encouraged-me-to-use-peds/