- The LoHud Yankees Blog - http://yankees.lhblogs.com -
Cashman: Jeter will play March 10
Posted By Chad Jennings On February 24, 2013 @ 11:05 am In Misc | Comments Disabled
Brian Cashman just said the Yankees plan to have Derek Jeter in a game at DH on or around March 10.
Other notes from Cashman:
- He corrected a previous email to me. Turns out Francisco Cervelli is out of options. Cashman said he realized yesterday that he had told me the wrong thing earlier this winter. I told him I clearly need to get a better source.
- Matt Diaz and Juan Rivera are heavy favorites for the right-handed outfield role. The Yankees do not want a young guy in that role.
- Dellin Betances will open the season as a Triple-A starter.
- Phil Hughes will do three to five days of pool work before picking up a ball.
Article printed from The LoHud Yankees Blog: http://yankees.lhblogs.com
URL to article: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/02/24/cashman-jeter-will-play-march-10/
URLs in this post:
 Tweet: https://twitter.com/share