- The LoHud Yankees Blog - http://yankees.lhblogs.com -
Injury updates: Teixeira, Jeter, Hughes, Granderson
Posted By Chad Jennings On April 1, 2013 @ 5:45 pm In Misc | 608 Comments
• Mark Teixeira was examined by the Yankees medical staff today and was given clearance to remove the protective brace from his right wrist. He’s still supposed to wear it for workouts, but the overall update was positive. “It was the news I wanted to hear,” he said.
• Derek Jeter played catch in the outfield and received treatment on his left ankle, but he still hasn’t played in a game since March 23. At this point it’s basically impossible to imagine him being activated when he’s eligible on Saturday.
• Phil Hughes pitched in an extended spring training game, getting seven innings of work. Adam Berry reports that Hughes next start will be with Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre,  setting him up for a big league start on April 11. Joe Girardi left open the possibility of Hughes pitching in the big leagues on Saturday, but that doesn’t seem likely. David Phelps said he’s still on schedule to make that start in Detroit.
• Curtis Granderson shagged fly balls but has not been cleared to throw (basically the same situation as last week). He was scheduled for additional X-rays today and told Berry that his broken forearm is “getting better.”
Article printed from The LoHud Yankees Blog: http://yankees.lhblogs.com
URL to article: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/04/01/updates-from-tampa-jeter-hughes-granderson/
URLs in this post:
 Tweet: https://twitter.com/share
 Adam Berry reports that Hughes next start will be with Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre,: http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130401&content_id=43607938¬ebook_id=43609988&vkey=notebook_nyy&c_id=nyy