The LoHud Yankees Blog Rules for registration drawing July 2010 1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, The LoHud Yankees Blog Drawing (the “Drawing”) is open to individuals who register to comment on The LoHud Yankees Blog who are 13 years or older at the time of registration. Employees of The Journal News/LoHud.com (the “Sponsor”), Gannett Co., Inc. and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with any such employees, including their children and legal dependents, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Drawing registration period will end at noon, 12:00 p.m. (EST) on Tuesday, August 3, 2010. Your registration constitutes your eligibility for The Drawing. ONLY ONE REGISTRATION PER QUALIFIED INDIVIDUAL IS ALLOWED. By registering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules. Drawing prize recipients will be announced in The LoHud Yankees Blog. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of registration tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your registration. The use of software or other automated processes to register is prohibited, and any submissions submitted by such means will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, late, misdirected, or for failure to receive registrations due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online registrations will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of registrations submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any registrants by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Drawing.
4. Winner Selection. Random drawing of The LoHud Yankees Blog registered users will determine prize winners. The drawing will take place on or about August 4, 2010. Decisions of judges and Sponsor shall be final and binding.
5. Prizes and Odds. Ten registrants will be awarded prizes. The first registrant drawn will receive a baseball autographed by Derek Jeter. Second: World Series baseball autographed by Alex Rodriguez. Third: Baseball autographed by Mariano Rivera. Fourth: Baseball autographed by Andy Pettitte. Fifth: Baseball autographed by Robinson Cano. Sixth: Baseball autographed by Brett Gardner. Seventh: Baseball autographed by Reggie Jackson. Eighth: Baseball with “CY 61″ inscribed, autographed by Whitey Ford. Ninth: Baseball autographed by Yogi Berra. Tenth: Baseball autographed by Marcus Thames.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Drawing winners will be notified on or around Wednesday, August 4, 2010 via their registered e-mail address. Sponsor’s inability to reach a winner, after 2 attempts, or return of a message as undeliverable or a winner’s failure to claim the prize within 48 hours of notification (unless otherwise noted) may result in forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and selection of a substitute winner from remaining eligible registrants. To claim prize, each notified winner must provide full name, home address, and telephone number within the 48-hour notification period. Prizes and fulfillment are being provided by Steiner Sports. Winners’ user names will be announced on The LoHud Yankees Blog. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release, which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, registrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Drawing as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Drawing is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Drawing, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Drawing. Should the Drawing be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the registrations received before the termination date. By entering, participants agree to assume all risks, and to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees from any claims and all liability for any injuries, losses, or damages to persons of any kind caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in the Drawing and/or the acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of a prize or participation in any prize-related activities.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The LoHud Yankees Blog Registration Drawing is sponsored by The Journal News/LoHud.com. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Drawing shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Drawing. Winners’ user names will be announced on The LoHud Yankees Blog. If you have any questions regarding this Drawing, please contact Jeff Marx, Web Developer, The Journal News and LoHud.com, email@example.com email and phone 914-696-8586.